Sunday, October 16, 2011

Cool Stuff You Should Check Out For 10/16/2011

Weekly Roundup of Stuff I Found Interesting on the Internet
(which may not be from last week...)

To start this week on a positive note, I hereby declare it to be No Sammich Sunday: a day to toss society's gender roles out the window. And as much as this is something that I believe in doing everyday, No Sammich Monday lacks alliteration. You can pretty much thank Dr Pepper and the misogynistic marketing campaign they launched for Dr Pepper 10 (what you thought I forgot) for this new weekly gift.


Dr Pepper Ten takes a page from Got Milk's Everything I do is wrong and alienates women - - and men
  • Because Dr Pepper apparently forgot how much shopping is done by the female of the household.
Dr. Pepper: Stop the Sexist "It's Not for Women" Ad Campaign! Petition
  • Because I signed.
Dr Pepper's 'not for women' ad campaign: Sexist?
  • Because I like to provide a business viewpoint as well.
On size acceptance
  • Because I imagine myself kicking my doctor in the face every time she say, "And I'm sure you would love to lose 5 pounds." And because this screws with my body image which already has issues.
Blinders
  • Because race doesn't matter anymore...
Notes From the Urban/Rural Divide: Pardon Me, Your Contempt Is Showing
  • Because I grew up in a small town.
Lesson two – Meals as love.
  • Because she said "commit to feeding yourself on a regular basis." This is why my 9:30 oatmeal time is so important to me. And because I get grumpy when I don't eat. And because most people are horrified by how much I eat.
And that's all folks because I'm tired and need to do some more homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment