Monday, January 16, 2012

Once upon a time when I was very, very young.

This is a post about nothing. And everything.

Anyway, as I was saying. When I was young, my favorite color was pink. Not just any pink, but a pale shade about the color of a Whataburger strawberry shake. It's important to make the distinction between a Whataburger shake and one from McDonald's or Jack in the Box because this is as much about flavor as it is anything else.

Since then my preference has shifted to teal and purple and shades of blue and brown and to where I am now. Right now I'm in what I would call a metallic phase where I favor representations of silver and bronze.

But not gold.

I hate gold.

It is too much like yellow, which I also hate.

Like red.

I once said that I would never own a red car.

Of course the means that I will probably get one eventually.

That's how these things work.

Oddly enough though, orange is OK. I mean, I'm not going to wear it, but I could probably drive it, and I do enjoy eating it.

Like I said, this post really wasn't about anything. I just started thinking about this as I looked at all the pink stuff around my desk. A casual visitor might make certain assumptions about me based on this observation. But this stuff is not there because I particularly like pink. Or anything society has come to associate with pink.

Because really, what does appearance have to do with personality anyway?

Now take that concept and apply it broadly. Judge me by the content of my character not the color of my desk.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist that one.

1 comment:

  1. one of my favorite colors was the pink you get when mixing white milk with nestles strawberry quick mix. with this beautiful pink milk i would have a six-pack of those little white powdered donuts. that's pretty much it for now. johnnny

    ReplyDelete